Cost

The overall CP Rail yard redevelopment will cost more than $500 million. The vast majority of the funding will come from private sources. The City of Regina will contribute roughly $47 million – or 8 per cent of the total cost. The other 92 percent – $450 to $500 million will come from private investment.

In October 2012, the City took the first step to revitalize the CP Intermodal lands by reaching a deal to purchase approximately 17.5 acres along Dewdney Avenue for $7.5 Million. The estimated cost to revitalize the Railyard development lands will be determined through the planning process. It is anticipated that the City’s investment in enabling infrastructure will generate significant returns from the private sector.


Back to Railyard Renewal Project.